Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:49:01 +0600
From:      Dmitry Suhodoev <raven@bingo.chel.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   too many warnings (over 70kb) by make buildworld

Hi,

i has updated the FreeBSD source tree from 4.3-RELEASE to 4.6-STABLE with cvsup
by this configuration file:

=== cut ===
*default host=cvsup2.ru.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
*default tag=RELENG_4
*default date=2002.08.27.15.00.00
src-all
ports-all
=== cut ===

make buildworld generates too many warnings, but all sources was compiled,
let's see logs: http://bingo.chel.ru/temp/buildworld.rar (320ËÂ). is it right?
can i continue updating of my FreeBSD?
this is my primary server and his very important for my work. this is my first
updating of FreeBSD, so i am afraid to continue further without confidence that
all goes orderly, cause server cannot will be down a long time.

and one more question. make installworld MUST be in single mode? can i make it in normal mode:

cd /usr/src
make buildworld
make buildkernel
make installkernel
make installworld
cd / && mergemaster
cd /dev && ./MAKEDEV all
fastboot

i.e. without multiple reboots, with only one reboot after all? i has read
manual of updating on http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html,
but it is not helps to me :(

--
Dmitry Suhodoev, http://bingo.chel.ru/, icq#550315