Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:08:44 -0500
From:      "steve hoyle" <hoylesd@crosslink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   unable to swap during installation

I'm installing FreeBSD 4.0 on my PC.  I go through the standard
installation, and set up a 100Mb root directory, a 260Mb swap directory, and
a 9.5Gb /usr directory.  When it gets where it's going to start installing
the OS, it gives me this error:

"Warning!  Unable to swap /dev/ab0s2b:  Device not configured.  This may
cause the installation to fail at some point if you don't have alot of
memory."

When continue i get this:

"Unable to make root file system on /dev/ad0s1a!  Command returned status
1."

When I hit enter:

"Couldn't make filesystems properly.  Aborting"

It then goes back to the /stand/sysinstall Main Menu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Steve Hoyle
hoylesd@crosslink.net