Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 12:34:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Christian Fortin <cfortin@ec.camitel.com>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;

on?=
From: Christian Fortin <cfortin@ec.camitel.com>
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Subject: Re: HELP with dialup
Cc: Developer <dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org

I have the same problem with USR,...
Many incompatibility problem between USR !!!
Dial out , no problem,
 Dial-in many problem happen...
- Must dial 2 time for connect ( First time the modem hangup )
- Transmission stop for no reason, it restart after few second...
- I have upgrade my USR Bios, whitout succes...

Try ZyXel modem, it definitively work better
I have change all my pool of modem for this modem, it work fine...
Usualy with Sportster I download the /kernel at 3K/s
With ZyXel I reach 4.1K/s

When a dial-in connection is done,
a USR dial-in modem say =  CONNECT 33600
but ZyXel say CONNECT 24600

But ZyXel is definitively more faster...
With his auto-speed adjust...

----------------------------------
E-Mail: Christian Fortin <cfortin@ec.camitel.com>
Date: 11/15/96
Heure: 12:34:24
Electro-Conception        tel:(418) 872-6641              |
3665 Croisset             fax:(418) 872-9198              |
Quebec,P.Q.               www.ec.camitel.com/ec           |
Canada                    ftp.ec.camitel.com              |
                                      \----1
                                          ---
                                           -