Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:39:05 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stopping console messages

Is there a way to stop the system from logging to the console?
Most of these messages are just regular notices (like upsd's regular
stat reports) or minor warnings (like problems with sendmail and the
DHCP assigned IPs)
Regardless, I'm admining this on a part-time basis, so the messages
scrolling across the console aren't much help (I'm always checking the
various log files) And they sure get in the way when they pop up while
you're trying to edit a file or something.
Is there a way to change the threshold on this so only critical messages
pop up. That way I could tell the people there that any time they see
messages popping up on the screen they should call me. Either way, it
would be nice to simply not have work around all those messages.

TIA,
Bill