Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 12:29:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Berkeley DB 1.8.5

On Sun, 21 Apr 1996, Michael Dillon wrote:

> Has anyone ported this to 2.1R? I unpack the source code from
> ftp.cs.berkeley.edu, go into the PORT/bsd.4.4 and type "make".
> It dies quickly with a bunch of errors like...
>
> cc -c -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -O -I. -Iinclude -I../../hash
> ../../hash/hash.c
> In file included from ../../hash/hash.c:48:
> /usr/include/stdlib.h:80: parse error before `__dead2'
> /usr/include/stdlib.h:80: warning: data definition has no type or storage
> class
[bunch of errors deleted]

The db.1.85 code has it'w own cdefs.h, which isn't compatible with the
FreeBSD cdefs.h in /usr/include.  Either change the references so that
the FreeBSD cdefs.h is used, or copy our cdefs.h over the one in
db.1.85.  Then it'll compile without a whimper.

db.1.85 is in FreeBSD-current's libc, BTW.

> I'm not on the list so you'll need to Cc: me if you want to ask anything.
>
> Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
> Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-546-3049
> http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael@memra.com

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

Three Accounts for the Super-users in the sky,
  Seven for the Operators in their halls of fame,
Nine for Ordinary Users doomed to crie,
  One for the Illegal Cracker with his evil game
In the Domains of Internet where the data lie.
  One Account to rule them all, One Account to watch them,
  One Account to make them all and in the network bind them.