Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 1998 12:14:17 -0500
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        Patrick Hartling <mystify@friley-186-113.res.iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Not receiving CVS commit messages

On Aug 08, 1998 at 11:11:00AM -0500, Patrick Hartling wrote:
> For some time now, I have not been receiving any CVS commit logs.  I'm on
> several such lists and have tried unsubscribing and resubscribing.  I don't
> know exactly when I stopped receiving the commit messages, but I think it was
> around mid to late July.  Did I miss something about a change in policy?

I believe that the postmaster dropped all the cvs-* mailing
lists, except for cvs-all.  The rationale was that almost
nobody was subscribed to the lists; even the token-ring list
had more readers.

Another reasons was probably to cut down on the amount of
crossposting that was being done between the lists.

In any case, you can get the same functionality by subscribing
to cvs-all, and using a procmail filter to weed out what you
aren't interested in.
--
Jonathan