Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 22:15:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      BWS - Offwhite <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Brian Camba <beesea@freewwweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sound card trouble

You may need to alter your /boot/kernel.conf config file.  I just set up
my sound card and was experience similar problems.

I eventually added this line near the end of kernel.conf.

pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 3

This is for an SB16 sound card and I got the info from the pcm man page,
which I learned is full of all kinds of helpful hints.  If your card is
listed, you will be able to set it up easily.

I tried to skip adding anything to kernel.conf because I am wary of
mucking with things related to the kernel and finally broke and made the
change, but I would advise caution.  Be sure the changes you make are done
correctly.

Happy Hunting...

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

Microsoft: Will you get a macro virus today?
http://www.greasydaemon.com/noms/ <- Why avoid MS?