Date:      Tue, 7 May 1996 23:46:29 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        juphoff@tarsier.cv.nrao.edu
Subject:   Re: [Forwarded e-mail from Alexander O. Yuriev]

As Mike O'Brien wrote:

> > This reminds me: one of Kirk McKusick's policies in the copyright of
> > the daemon is that its use does not have to contradict ``common sense
> > of good taste''.
>
> Let me get persnickety here.  McKusick owns HIS daemon.  He doesn't
> own THE daemon.

Yep, but since it's copyrighted, he rules what happens to anything
that closely resembles HIS daemon.  After all, that's what copyrights
are for (the true ones, not this abuse for software).

Anyway, his copyright rules are really few and acceptable, so anybody
would do some good in keeping in line with them.  (He's only been
copyrighting it to protect it from [commercial] abuse, basically.)

--
cheers, J"org