Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 12:12:02 -0400
From:      Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc3.1 problems: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

On Wed, 29 May 2002 18:06:10 +0200
Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net> wrote:

> I've seen this problem too. I don't know if it has been solved, but
> -CURRENT's C++ compiler has been broken for a while. The workaround
> has been to install the gcc31 port and use it, e.g make
> CXX=/usr/local/bin/g++31
>
> Cheers,

Martin is using GCC 3.1 from ports. It sounds like GCC tries to use some
library left over from the previous version of GCC, which does not
provide this symbol. g++13 -v should tell you what parameters GCC passes
to the linker and what libraries it tries to link. This should be enough
to track down what older library shadows the new one. The usual suspects
are libgcc and libstdc++.

--
Alexander Kabaev