Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:32:08 +0900
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Announcing the FreeBSD-XFree86 workers list

Hi,

Here I announce the launch of the FreeBSD-XFree86 list, which is
created for discussion on reorganizing, improving and maintaining the
XFree86 ports for FreeBSD.  Top priority of the moment is to divide
the one big XFree86-4 port into a set of component ports and make the
build process better.

Currently, the maintainers of the XFree86 4.x ports, Will as a
portmgr, and I as coordinator/administrator of the list are joining,
while we always welcome those who are interested in maintaining and
improving the XFree86 4.x ports.

To join the list and/or browse the archive, use the following web
interface:

To begin with, we the workers will be concentrating on replacing the
stock x11/XFree86-4 port with a meta port of the component ports
(x11*/XFree86-4-*), so please do not post mere questions here yet.
Try ports@FreeBSD.org or questions@FreeBSD.org for that purpose.  We
will post a further announcement when we are ready to accept questions
from ordinary users. (And we'll probably move to xfree86@FreeBSD.org
then)

Thanks,

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"Somewhere out of a memory.. of lighted streets on quiet nights.."