Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 03:16:00 -0500
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Cc:        Alex Le Heux <alexlh@funk.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crashing netscape?

Martin Cracauer wrote:

> BTW, does anyone know if its possible to write a plugin for the BSDI
> version of Navigator 3.04 so that it display *.png files as it
> displays *.gif files now?
>
> As I understand, a plugin doesn't have fine enough access to the
> display code to do this, right?

You could try Mozilla.  I usually check out the SeaMonkeyAll code via
cvs.  So far, it's built fairly well.  Mozilla is still a bit sluggish
now, though.  (I guess the optimization for speed will come later.)  I
can give you the .mozconfig file I used to successfully build Mozilla
on -current.

Also, xemacs has a `w3' package that does web pages, possibly png.
(Some pages don't look very well, however.)

- Donn