Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:49:17 -0400
From:      Constantine <cnst@rbcmail.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    simple sh scripting. How to put a result of a command to a variable?

Hello!

I am writing a script, which involves unzipping some files. I would have
to unzip 4 different zip-files from some directory, and I would need to
unzip them to the directory, which would have the same name in it as the
original zip-file, i.e. I would like to run something like "ls *.zip",
have each file name recorded in some variable, and do a loop like "unzip
$filename[$i] -d $filename[$i].unzipped/". Can someone help me with the
code? How can I put the results of a command to a variable?

Cheers,
Constantine.