Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 06:27:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Ronald_Wiplinger_=28=C3Q=A4=AF=AF=C7=29?= <ronald@trace.net.tw>
Cc:        Todd Backman <tbackman@c523578-a.sttls1.wa.home.com>, jahanur <jahanur@jjsoft.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to limit bulk mails.

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Ronald Wiplinger (ÃQ¤¯¯Ç) wrote:

> Todd Backman wrote:
> >
> > Bravo! At the last ISP I worked for we had a $500 charge for SPAMMING
> > built into the subscriber license agreement. If any of our customers
> > SPAMMED we closed down the acct. and charged them $500. Didn't have
> > too many spammers join up after that...
> >

> I guess, you live in a country, where the law support you to do that ;-)

Can't you put any (almost) clause into the subscriber licence agreement?

If the customer has signed the adreement, which states he can only send 5
email pr day, or else...

Then I don't see how the law could prevent the ISP from terminating the
account if the customer sends 6 emails pr day.

I can see the law can prevent you from terminating the user himself :-)

Leif