Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:55:48 +0100
From:      Gernot Hueber <hueber@riic.at>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   vmware3 on freebsd5.4 fails networking

Hello,

I can't get vmware3 networking up and running :-(
(While installing the port I have tried both, with and without bridging
mode)

vmware starts but I get errors regarding the vmnet

1) When config is set to bridging mode

"Could not query bridging status on device /dev/vmnet0.  Please update
your vmnet driver."

VM starts and I can use it (without networkging)

2) When config is set to host-only mode

"Could not open /dev/vmnet1: No such device or address
Failed to configure ethernet0."

VM does not start.

In both cases vmnet0 and vmnet1 devices are available.

What is going wrong here, I have googled around, no luck yet.

Gernot