Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 07:08:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSec on FreeBSD ??

Hi!
I am studying IPSec and trying many implementations of it.
I am very much interested in how IPSec works in FreeBSD and NetBSD.
But comparing it with the OpenBSD implementation I still have not found a
way with FreeBSD to set up and ESP trasnport mode (or tunnel) enabling
also the authentication features in ESP, seems like only the
confidentiality features of ESP can be enabled on FreeBSD while on OpenBSD
also the authentication part of ESP can be enabled.
Am I wrong about it ??
IF not how to enable authentication of ESP in FreeBSD ??
Suppose I Do not want to use AH but  IWant to use only ESP for
confidentiality (Encrypt the payload) but also for the payload
authentication which is possible according to IPSec RFCs, how
can I enable ESP authentication on FreeBSD ??
then I Wanted to ask if racoon is a ISAKMP IKE compliant protocol or if it
is something complitely different.
thank you a lot!

Rick