Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 13:02:43 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        James L Moser <james@mwci.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "IDE" CDROM

On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 07:37:53PM -0600, James L Moser wrote:

> Thats what I was thinking.  Now any ideas on how to get the IDE interface
> configuered???

You need the following enabled in your kernel:

  controller      wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr

  options         ATAPI           #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
  options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
  device          wcd0            #IDE CD-ROM

Does the IDE port on the SB use the standard IRQ for the 2nd IDE
channel, IRQ 15?. If not, you may have to edit the ``controller
wdc1'' line.