Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:06:07 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   STMicroelectronics USB serial controller

Has anybody got any expereinec with these ? I am
playing around with a small device (an scrypt ASIC)
which presents itself to the OS as a serial port, using
this chipset. When I plug it in I get this:

ugen0.2: <STMicroelectronics> at usbus0
umodem0: <STMicroelectronics STM32 Virtual COM Port, class 2/0, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 2> on usbus0
umodem0: data interface 1, has no CM over data, has no break

So it thinks it is a USB modem as far as I can make out ?
I get a /dev/ttyU) device in /dev, but I do not think
the device should present istelf as a modem. I have
Linux software which is supposed to talk to
the chip via a tty, and this does nothing when
presented with the /dev/ttyU0 device. I also
cannot get anything out of it.

I havent dug very far into it yet, but was wondering
if anyone had any ideas - this is the first time I've seen
'umodem' come up.

cheers,

-pete.