Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:20:27 +1000
From:      Christopher Smith <csmith@its.uq.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Load balancing stuff (mainly samba)

We have two servers which will be providing a few different services to a
couple of labs full of PCs.  Primarily, file/print serving + domain
authentication via samba and an authenticating  squid proxy.  I want to
provide these servers in a load balanced/redundant failover type
configuration.  However, I'm unsure as to how best go about it.  In
particular, I was wanting to have separate copies of the user's home
directories on each machine.  Is there any way I can have the separate
copies of the home directories on each machine, but keep them synchronised
in realtime ?  (I supposed what I really want is for vinum to be able to
use something like NFS exports as its disks :).

--
+=- Christopher Smith, Systems Administrator -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
+

+- Ph +61 7 3365 7470 | email csmith@its.uq.edu.au | Fax +61 7 3365 4065 -
+