Date:      Sun, 01 Oct 2000 15:20:45 -0400
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, Michael Harnois <mdharnois@home.com>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Today -current broken on build

Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > I hate to spoil the moment ... but does anyone have an idea what the
> > > fix is? <g> Nothing in the amd directory seems to have changed in the
> > > past couple of weeks, so it must be somewhere else, and I'm not bright
> > > enough to figure out where.
> >
> > Yeah, somebody forgot that typedefs and structure names can't
> > conflict. :)  I've just committed the fix.
>
> Er, this is probably the wrong fix.  It sounds like the kernel 'callout'
> structure is ending up visible in userland, which it shouldn't.

Thing is, I for one can't figure out what just changed.  I've been manually
following all the ways sys/callout.h would be included, and none seem to
apply here.  For example, sys/systm.h isn't included in any way I can tell
by this amd file, and sys/callout.h isn't explicitly either.  This is really
annoying.

So, sys/callout.h should be in #ifdef _KERNEL #endif /* _KERNEL */, but I
just can't find out what broke it in the first place so I didn't want to fix
anything.  It would be nice to have the system Mozilla uses for this where
we can pinpoint automatically what commit broke things.