Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 10:10:54 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Prasad Tadi' <ptadi@roshitech.com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>, rivers@dignus.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: HP-UX to freeBSD 2.2.8 and 3.1

	[ML]  We were in the same boat regarding SINIX and ClearCase.
What was done was that the HP boxen were running cpp, and the .i files
were rcopied to a SINIX box and compiled further there.

	We have had to turn off the DO wink-in features because copy
back of a bunch of .o files was far too expensive.  This worked for my
FreeBSD box as well.  Sorry, I cannot offer the scripts because they are
at my previous employer's.

	BTW, we have also had a Solaris Ultra-1 box there and it
outperformed the 4-CPU K-800 HP boxen by a sizeable margin doing pure
cpp runs (the pizzabox had only 1 CPU and 394 Megs of RAM, vs. 4 CPU and
a Gig.  The pizzabox was serving as a XDM host with me on it as well,
whereas the K800 was a dedicated cpp server.  Go figure :)

> Hence we said we will explore the possibility of this CrossCompilers.
> We
> gave the solution using the View Extended NFS mounts on to BSD system.
> It
> will continue, while we explore the CrossCompiler Issues.
	[ML]  Forget the NFS mounts.  Too instable.  Tend to wedge after
config-spec change.