Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 18:18:13 -0400
From:      Nathaniel G H <rice_burners_suck@operamail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ADSL with PPP backup

I have a Linux "masquerading" firewall for a small network.
It provides my computers with a connection to the Internet
w/ADSL.  I want to replace this Linux installation with
FreeBSD as a test, before I set up anymore masquerading
boxes.

GTE's service is somewhat flaky here (southern California).
The connection is down about once a month.  Since I have an
Earthlink account and a spare modem, I want to set up the box
to automatically dial into Earthlink if I try to access the
Internet and the DSL is down.  It'll be slow, but better than
nothing at all.

Any ideas on how I might do this?  Please help me out or help
me find the necessary docs.  I've already read the PPP docs
and a few other sources, and didn't find much that helped.

Kindest regards,
Nathaniel G H