Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 05:46:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        Greg W <greg@ausit.com>
Cc:        "'questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Master Boot Record

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Greg W wrote:

> Get something called   GAG    ..... a very small boot partition manager

> On 25/10/99 at 20:58 Stapley, Peter J. wrote:
>
> >Hmm let's say I have FreeBSD installed and I install Win98 on the second
> >partition cuz I have to, how do I get my Boot manager back when 98 wipes
> it
> >out? After installing 98 I don't get the boot manager anymore, I am
> assuming
> >98 overwrote the MBR.
> >Thanks

There is a very useful bootmanager included with FreeBSD. You can
(re)install it from DOS (or Windows). It is in the tools directory
(IIRC). It is called bootinst.exe.
I use it also for PC's on which there are two OS, none of which is
FreeBSD :-)

Marc Schneiders                 ||	In re tam justa
marc@venster.nl                 ||
marc@oldserver.demon.nl         ||	Acta SS. MM. Scillitanorum