Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:21:35 -0700
From:      Steve Sizemore <steve@cmpharm.ucsf.edu>
To:        Brian Handy <handy@sag.lmsal.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO and CVSup

On Wed, Jul 22, 1998 at 02:20:44PM -0700, Brian Handy wrote:
> >By commenting out the PCIC lines in the kernel config file, I was able
> >to build a kernel successfully, but (of course) it doesn't recognize
> >my PC ethernet card any more. It appears that cvsup'ing the stable
> >sources may have overwritten the PAO patches/changes.
>
> Do you really need PAO?  Much of the PAO capability has made it into the
> tree already.  You may not need it anyway.  Do you have some configuration
> that needs it?
>

> Wondering,
>
> Brian
> --
> Brian Handy --> handy@physics.montana.edu

Well, lots of messages to the lists and newsgroups suggested that PAO
is a "good thing", so I did install it right away. I guess that the
two things that I really need from PAO are PC card support, in
particular for the Accton ethernet card, and APM support. Neither of
those things seem to be available in the GENERIC kernel, which I just
built and tried. Of course, if there's some way to turn those on, then
I'd be willing to forego PAO, I guess...

Thanks.
Steve
----------------------------------------------#-----#--#####---------------
                                              #     # #     #
 Steve Sizemore                               #     # #
 Dept. of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology #     # #
 Box 0450, Room HSE-1285                      #     # #
 University of California Medical Center      #     # #     #
 513 Parnassus Avenue                          #####   ##### #####  #######
 San Francisco CA 94143-0450                                #     # #
                                                            #       #
 steve@cmpharm.ucsf.edu                                      #####  #####
 (415) 476-6987  FAX: (415) 476-6515                              # #
                                                            #     # #