Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:50:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
Cc:        Willie Viljoen <will@highveldcs.com>, Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>, jstocker@tzi.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI/SCSI emulation in FreeBSD

About a year ago I pushed for this to be integrated and
at that time there were lots of comments about
"not being done correctly and it will be done corectly soon".
well another year or so ha spassed and people are STILL
having to apply the patches manually.

Can I suggest that the code be applied now as is, and
that if someone really doesn't like it they can fix it
later when they get the time? It's one thong to say
" It's not done right and hold off  as I'm going to fix it"
It's quite a different matter to say
"Hold off on this functionality as I don't like it but I have no plans
to produce any equivalent funcionality"