Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 19:05:06 -0400
From:      Sean Engel <sean@icubed.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vx0 refuses to load for 3C905TX

Does anyone out there know what might be causing the FreeBSD kernel to
detect a 3C905TX-B ethernet card, but to refuse to load the driver vx0?  I
have tried changing IRQs for the card/PCI slot, changing slots, different
cards, etc. Here's the system I'm building on:

SuperMicro P6SBA MB (BX chipset) with PII-266 processor
Cirrus CL-GD5446B PCI VGA card
Adaptec 2940 UW SCSI controller
64 MB RAM

The error message I get when booting the kernel is something to the effect
that:

..pci:0:18, device detected int=a irq=10..
[no driver loaded]

which seems to indicate that the card was found.

Sean Engel
sean@icubed.com