Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:18:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      Victor Carranza <victor@ns.gt>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CD Writer problem

Hi!

I have installed an ATAPI CD burner in a box running 3.1-RELEASE. I have
been using the scripts found on /usr/share/examples/atapi and they work
fine most of the time, but sometimes (randomly) I get the following error:

	wormcontrol: ioctl(WORMIOFIXATION): Input/output error

at the end of the CD burning process. Then, the CD is readable ONLY in the
cdwriter drive as I am not able to close the recording session. I have
read postings about this problem, but nobody seems to have an answer
(using Windows software to close the session is not a possibility in my
particular case). As I said before, sometimes I have success creating CD's
and sometimes it fails as noted (even with the same ISO images).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Victor Carranza

PS. Please cc to me when replying.