Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:12:34 -0700
From:      Adam Kranzel <adam@alameda.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about making a port prefix-clean

Hi everyone,

I am working on my first port (of Slash'Em, which is a variant of Nethack),
and have a question about making it prefix-clean.

There are 6 patches necessary, 5 of which are to makefiles, and thus easy to
make prefix-clean. However one patch is to a pregenerated .h file, which
(among other things) defines the directory to install to.
Since it is a .h file not a makefile, I can't use the standard make variables
to change it for prefix-cleaness.
Is there a way to do this?

I have checked the various Nethack ports (which mine originally derived
from), and they have not dealt with this, and have just left it as is, and
thus not prefix-clean.
I have also checked the porters handbook and not found anything.

If there is a way to do it I will also fix the Nethack ports, and submit
patches :)

thanks
 -Adam