Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:50:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don Lewis <dl-freebsd@catspoiler.org>
To:        suz@kame.net
Cc:        jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za, hsu@FreeBSD.org, ume@FreeBSD.org, core@kame.net, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CFR - patch for TCPv6 accept lock violation bug

On  8 Aug, SUZUKI Shinsuke wrote:
> Hello Don,

>> FreeBSD -current detects a lock violation in the IPv6 TCP accept code in
>> tcp6_usr_accept() caused by calling in6_mapped_peeraddr(), which calls
>> MALLOC() which may block, while a lock is being held.  Instead of taking
>> the same approach to solve this problem as was done in tcp_usr_accept(),
>> which would result in a lot of duplicated code, it looks like a better
>> solution is to make a local copy of the address and port information
>> before dropping the lock, and then perform all the potentially blocking
>> operations after the lock as been dropped.
> Generally I agree with your patch, but please give me some time for a
> complete review.

I'm not in any rush to commit this.  I was planning to allow about a
week for commment.

>> The function prototypes in in_pcb.h and in6_pcb.h don't seem to be
>> sorted in any consistent order.
> With regard to these files, KAME has no problem for changing the
> order, since these files are specific to FreeBSD and don't need to
> consider other BSDs.
>
> So could you please tell me what is the appropriate order?
> (or just some consistency is enough?)
> (I read style(9), but couldn't find the rule for this.)

Before I sent my first message, I had thought that style(9) mandated
sorting the prototypes alphabetically, but when I checked style(9), I
also didn't find any mention of a preferred order, which is why I
said "consistent order".  I would think that either using the same order
as the function definitions in the .c file or sorting alphabetically
would be appropriate.  Maybe someone else will speak up ...