Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 15:13:06 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carl Makin <carl@xena.aipo.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AMI MegaRAID performance (was HPDA/DAC960PL errors)

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Mike Smith wrote:

> That's OK.  At this point in time, I don't have any outstanding reports
> of problems with the MegaRAID driver in 4-stable.  The 4-release version
> is capable of locking up the adapter, however.

Here is the rawio stats for a 3.4-STABLE box running a Dell PERC2/SC card
(I think it's an OEM AMI MegaRAID Express 300).

           Random read  Sequential read    Random write Sequential write
ID          K/sec  /sec    K/sec  /sec     K/sec  /sec     K/sec  /sec
PERC2/SC   5533.6   344  19268.6  1176     881.6    54    1034.6    63

This is on a Dell PowerEdge 4300, pIII/450 connected via a single bus to 8
x 18Gb LVD disks (1 x hot spare, the rest in 1 array).

This is using the amr-stable patch produced by Mike in December last year,
with the lockup fix backported from 4.0-STABLE (heh, 2 lines, wasn't
hard).

We're about to throw this into production.

Carl.