Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:12:18 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   time_t and clock_t

Hi,

 According to /usr/include/machine/ansi.h, time_t and clock_t are "int" on
alpha and "long" on i386 respectively. I know "int" on alpha and "long" on
i386 are same size 32bit, but I don't think it's resonable that time_t on
alpha is "int". At least, "tv_sec" part of timeval is declared as "long".
Why don't we change time_t as "long"? It should make our life easier.

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: finger -l simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp