Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2007 00:55:52 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnisec.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI STR (s3) makes machine behave very odd

--------------enig30E09F8BD5156F573695DA55

Hello,

with Beta4 I tried 'acpiconf -s3'. The machine shut down but I couldn't
wake it up with the keyboard.
Pressing the power button makes the drives start up but the machine
switches off two seconds later.
This is done in an endless loop.

I tried a kernel without any driver, just the absolut neccesarry like
sc, no USB etc. Hardware is a ich9 board (Gigabyte p965-DS4)

Here's some dmesg which looks suspicious:
acpi0: <GBT GBTUACPI> on motherboard
acpi0: [ITHREAD]
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
acpi0: reservation of 0, a0000 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation of 100000, 3fde0000 (3) failed

If someone can help diagnose the problem I can come up wtih the acpi tabl=
es.

Thanks in advance, STR is a really big "must have" these days taking
incredable fast machines booting incredible slowly and consuming
increadible much power while idling...

-Harry