Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:46:29 +1100 (EST)
From:      Warren Toomey <wkt@minnie.tuhs.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange request, telnetd exploit

Hi all,
	This is a strange request. I'm giving a network programming course
at a Uni here in Australia. Last week, I looked at common vulnerabilites,
e.g buffer overflows, and I also described probe tools etc etc.

On Friday, I was going to demonstrate tools like nmap, nessus and saint,
and end with a demo of a real-live exploit. I thought of the recent telnetd
exploit, and I still have the old FreeBSD 4.3 binary on CD.

I'd like to set up the old, vulnerable telnet with appropriate
/etc/hosts.allow rules to only allow an attack from within the local subnet.

However, I cannot find a copy of the exploit code. Can anybody help me?

To give you some details of my bona fides:

The course I'm running: http://www.it.bond.edu.au/inft334/013/
The security lecture: http://www.it.bond.edu.au/inft334/013/lectures/week12.html
I was assistant program chair on a security symposium which was held
about 2 weeks ago: http://www.auug.org.au/security2001/
Other security stuff I have worked on in the past:
http://minnie.tuhs.org/Seminars/index.html (you have to read the titles)

Many thanks in advance,
	Warren Toomey, School of IT, Bond Uni

P.S My PGP keys are at http://minnie.tuhs.org/warren.html if you'd rather