Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:48:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Anthony Kimball <alk@pobox.com>
To:        charnier@xp11.frmug.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Running unattended (ifo FFS thread)

Quoth charnier@xp11.frmug.org:
:
: >The problem is that 'fsck -py' ignores the 'p' and will fsck every time,
: >even if it's unneeded. This takes ages for me. I believe I submitted a PR
: >with a 'fix' to fsck.
:
: According to the man page, fsck -y and fsck -p are two distincts commands.

Here's a patch to fix the man page as well then:

*** fsck.8.~1~	Fri Oct 29 11:42:04 1999
--- fsck.8	Fri Oct 29 11:43:30 1999
***************
*** 109,115 ****
  .Nm
  with the
  .Fl p
! option will correct; if it encounters other inconsistencies, it exits
  with an abnormal return status and an automatic reboot will then fail.
  For each corrected inconsistency one or more lines will be printed
  identifying the filesystem on which the correction will take place,
--- 109,117 ----
  .Nm
  with the
  .Fl p
! option will correct, in the absence of the
! .Fl y
! option; if it encounters other inconsistencies, it exits