Date:      Thu, 13 Oct 2016 22:51:03 -0400
From:      George <g.lister@nodeunit.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 10.3 igb driver does not support altq

Hi guys,

I have a problem enabling ALTQ on my FreeBSD 10.3 router.

I have compiled a custom kernel based off GENERIC enabling the igb
driver along with ALTQ support. When I then try to setup queues in my
pf.conf and try to use them when I do 'pfctl -nf /etc/pf.conf' I get no
errors, but when I do 'pfctl -vf /etc/pf.conf' I get an error message:

"pfctl: igb0: driver does not support altq"

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I checked the docs for ALTQ
and it lists the igb driver as having built-in support.

I did what is necessary and I get this error, where do I go from here?

Any suggestions or ideas on how to troubleshoot this??
TIA
George