Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 23:33:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, "Brandon S. Allbery  KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>, ian j hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>, Matthew Gilbert <agilbertm@earthlink.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4-STABLE crashes - suspects new ata-driver over wd-drivers

It seems Mike Silbersack wrote:
> Agreed, it looks like the "MWQ bug" isn't addressed by soren's patch.  The
> decription at
> http://www.networking.tzo.com/net/software/readme/faqvl019.htm
> doesn't give enough info to patch it, but this post to the linux-kernel
> mailing list seems to shed more light on what needs to be done:
>
> http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0112.0/1421.html

I know that change as well, but so far I havn't been able to verify
that it does what it intends to do, VIA's docs are very vague on this.

There is alot about this on the net, but *lots* of it are just notes
scribbled together by nerds^H^H^H^H^Hpeople that has no idea what
they are doing, they just change random bits that other talk about
and hope it works...

I'll try to get this veryfied and tested here...

-Søren