Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:54:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Netmetrica corp <netmetrica@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW Problem with Aliases on single Interface

I'm running BSD4.5 with one ethernet interface.  that
interface has multiple IP aliases.  I would like to
give each IP address a seperate ingress and egress
rule.  or in other words I want different subnets to
be treated separately if those subnets are aliases
on the same physical interface.
However, the IPFW takes a shortcut and it seems to
just use the the single outgoing interface instead of
the multiple IP address that are assigned to that
interface.  Is there a reason that this feature is not
supported other than speed?
If my question is not clear please tell me to explain
it further.

With regards,
~N