Date:      Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:43:36 +0800
From:      Jiawei Ye <leafy7382@gmail.com>
To:        Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compiling jdk15 on amd64: how long?

:44:47 UTC 2006     root@new.reilly.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP  amd64

> Hmm.  Maybe I should bring the base system forward to 6.0-STABLE
> before trying this?
>
> Maybe I should start with jdk14?
>
> Any help or suggestions, or even confirmation that this has been
> done before would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Andrew
JDK15 generally takes a very long time to compile. If you have more
than 1 cpu, you can add

MAKE_ENV+=3DHOTSPOT_BUILD_JOBS=3D"n"

in the ports Makefile, where n is the number of cpus you have. This
will parallelize hotspot builds (the cpp parts) which is the most time
consuming part of building a JDK.

Jiawei Ye

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming