Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:04:18 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        jacks@sage-american.com
Cc:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ntpd as time server?

At 13:06 13/01/2002, jacks@sage-american.com sent this up the stick:
>Joe: You need to setup timed(8) and timedc(8)..... one should be master and
>the other slaves that trust the master to do the outside time checks....

This won't work, since he has a Windows systems on the LAN.  AFAICT, timed
only works between FreeBSD boxes on the local network.

As most people have offered, ntpd works much better.

Cheers,
Rob

--
... A booming voice says, "Wrong, cretin!", and you notice that you have
turned into a pile of dust.

[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian
This is random quote 31 of a collection of 1200