Date:      	Tue, 9 Jul 1996 08:57:13 -0400
From:      Martin Loeffler <martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   forcing a modem to hangup

I'm running freebsd2.1 and using PPP to connect to the net. I have a problem
in that if the machine crashes and reboots, the modem stays connected and
PPP can't get ahold of it to re-dial. Is there anything that I can put in
rc.local to force a hangup before ppp tries to dial, or is there an option
I've missed in /etc/ppp/options to tell the modem to hangup when ppp
terminates, or is it too early in the morning to think about these things?

Thanks very much.

M.
--
 "Let x=x"

 Martin Loeffler, Curator of Computing Technology
 TEL Centre, Faculty of Education, University of Toronto
 martin.loeffler@utoronto.cao.ca