Date:      Fri, 09 Mar 2001 22:06:20 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-audit@FreeBSD.ORG, eivind@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: libutil/MAXHOSTNAMELEN changes - plus a buffer overrun fix

> In message <200103092138.f29Lc8I10799@harmony.village.org> Warner Losh writes:
> : : Eivind has some patches in the pipeline here to return errors rather
> : : than truncating host names, so it was his work that found the actual
> : : overrun....  I figured I'd commit this and possibly ask for an MFC
> : : RSN so that we get this fixed for the -stable release.
>
> On second thought, I don't think we want to rush these into -stable.

I figured a buffer overrun was grounds to ``rush'', but if the
concensus is not to, that's ok.  After all, it is a *read* overrun
that isn't really going to do any harm.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>