Date:      Sun, 21 Aug 2011 16:01:10 +0200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Unknown Re0 Hardware version

Hi,

I'm assembling a few system with a ASUS P8 H161-MLE motherboard
which was supposed to have a 'RealtekŪ 8112L, 1 x Gigabit LAN
Controller(s)' onboard.

And to be honestly I never expected that version not to be supported.
Just booted 8.2-RELEASE on it, and the Installer crashed when I wanted
it to config the ehternet.

Rebooted, and re0 kicks in. But gives a HW revision not supported.
It claims HW revision 0x2c800000.

Is this supported in later 8.2-Stable??? Or in 9.x??

I'm willing to tinker with the code to recompile the re0 driver.

--WjW