Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 2009 20:42:31 +0200
From:      Edward Tomasz Napierala <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        soc-status@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Hierarchical Resource Limits - status 1

The aim of my project is to gather all the resource limits (except
disk quotas) in one place, and allow the system administrator to easily
set rules to control it.

So far, I've created a temporary, simple tool (called 'hrl') to display
the ruleset, added a temporary, simple syscall interface to support it,
modified kern_setrlimit() so that the resource limits end up in the HRL
ruleset, and added some code to the kernel to actually store them and
remove when the process exits.  Most of the time was spent figuring out
how to put all this together, and I still need some ideas.

Next step is to add proper per-proccess resource accounting and start
putting hrl_alloc() and hrl_free() in various places in the kernel.

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?