Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 22:18:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, ponds!uswest.net!greg
Cc:        ponds!FreeBSD.ORG!hackers
Subject:   Re: 2.2 BETA Upgrade Problem

Chuck Robey writes:

> On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Greg Rowe wrote:

  .... description of problem installing 2.2-BETA upgrade over NFS ...

> I just used nfs to load my new machine from an existing one.  Didn't have
> to go out of my little 2 machine net, but it worked line a charm.

 I'll have to chime in here with another data point.  I installed
the 2.2-BETA using NFS, and that was SL/IP - not even ethernet.

 However - the difference is that I did a full install; from scratch.
I didn't do an upgrade of an existing system.  I believe Greg's problem
was with an upgrade...

	- Dave Rivers -