Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 2010 08:30:02 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Alexander@Leidinger.net
Cc:        rwatson@FreeBSD.org, gary.jennejohn@freenet.de, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CTF patch for testing/review

In message: <20100401133310.194173uurnj5nq4g@webmail.leidinger.net>
            Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net> writes:
: Quoting Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net> (from Tue, 30
: Mar 2010 14:38:24 +0200):
:
: > http://www.leidinger.net/test/ctf4.diff
: >
: > Changes to previous one:
: >  - added @ to hide the CTF stuff
: >  - man-page (to test: "groff -mdoc -Tascii /path/to/build.7 | less")
: >
: > Someone with mdoc-fu should have a look if I got it right, the others
: > please have a look if the place in the man-page pleases you.
: >
: > The changed commit log would be:
: > ---snip---
: > WITH_CTF can now be specified in src.conf (not recommended, there
: > are some problems with static executables), make.conf (would also
: > affect ports which do not use GNU make and do not override the
: > compile targets) or in the kernel config (via "makeoptions
: > WITH_CTF=yes").
: >
: > Additional (related) changes:
: >  - propagate WITH_CTF to module builds
: >  - do not add -g to the linker flags, it's a noop there anyway
: >    (at least according to the man page of ld)
: >  - do not add -g to CFLAGS unconditionally
: >    we need to have a look if it is really needed (IMO not) or if there
: >    is a way to add it only when WITH_CTF is used
: >
: > Note: ctfconvert / ctfmerge lines will not appear in the build output,
: > to protect the innocent (those which do not build with WITH_CTF would
: > see the shell-test and may think WITH_CTF is used).
: >
: > Reviewed by:    imp, jhb, scottl (earlier version)
: > Discussed on:   arch@
: >
: > What about Friday morning (GMT+2) for a commit date (if nobody
: > complains): not long enough for review or is it OK?
:
: Nobody complained so far, so I try to commit this tomorrow. Note: the
: date in the man page will be bumped (in cases someone notices that
: this is missing in the patch).

Go for it.

Warner