Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:02:53 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, bs_13943_34262@adimus.de, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Subject:   Re: Fortran in the base system (was Re: sysinstall)

> Ahaha, wrong!
> I NEVER did fortran at uni and I've just finished my degree..

Fortran is still considered too new by the Australian educational
system.  I hear they still teach classes in front panel aptitude
though, just so students will have some hope of being able to land
jobs with the Australian defense industry when they graduate.  How's
that radar job going? :)

> Are you suggesting we add Haskell to the base install?

I think that for a language to qualify, it must first be successful to
a degree several orders of magnitude greater than that of Haskell.  Or
any other functional programming language, for that matter.

- Jordan