Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 01:45:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        toasty@home.dragondata.com (Kevin Day)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wdtimeout()

> Since sometime in Feb. I've been getting:
>
> wd0: Last time I say: interrupt timeout. Probably a portable PC.:
> wd0: status 58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 1<no_dam>
> wd0: wdtimeout() DMA status 4
>
> Going back to older kernels stops this from happening. Is this a known
> problem?

To add a bit more, I'm also getting these messages, but not at exactly the
same time.

vm_fault: pager input (probably hardware) error, PID 24793 failure
/kernel: pid 24793 (bash), uid 1143: exited on signal 11

I usually get a 'burst' of two or three of those messages at a time, too.
I'm not sure if this is related or not.

I've ruled out the swap being bad by; 1) replacing the drive  2) Doing some
pretty extensive pattern testing on the entire drive

Kevin