Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 23:54:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>
To:        FREEBSD-CHAT <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MPEG Layer 3 (.mp3) audio files

    What are people using to encode .mp3 audio files on FreeBSD?  I've
got tosha, a collection of MPEG encoding utilities and mpg123 for
playback, but I'm having problems with both creation and playback.  :(

    My Matushita CR-504 CD-ROM doesn't seem to read audio tracks
properly, and I get all sorts of garbage at the beginning of an .mp3
playback (probably unintialized GUS buffer memory).

    I figure I can fit 24 hours of my favourite music on a single
1.5GB Syjet cartridge, if I could only get the audio off my CD
collection and into the computer.  :-/
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@netcom.ca)