Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 1995 01:54:50 +0000 ()
From:      Chris Madison <root@tippy.vnet.net>
To:        jdl@chromatic.com
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, vak@cronyx.ru, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wd0 detect fails

Don't know if I have anything relevant to add to this, but last night
I rebuilt a kernel with the src-cur.094? CTM.  I have two ide drives
attached to wdc0 and one on wdc1.  Besides not being able to write
a boot manager that worked to the wd0, everything ran fine.  Then
this morning when I went to check the morning mail I booted the new
kernel, the back up one was built with the src-cur.093{8|9} CTM,
and wdc0 could not be detected, but wdc1 was, which didn't do me
any good since, the root dir existed on wd1.  Naturally, I tried
to boot with the backup (stupid me, because I should keep a tried
and true backup:-() and the same thing.  So I was out of system until
after work and school;-(  Anyway, I just got things back up under a
2.0.5R kernel and found that I have many bad sectors on my root
partition, so _finally_ I have a reason to buy a scsi drive (well
a justification):-)

I did have some Errors:  C:37 H:6 S:21
			 C:32 H:12 S:21

but I think those were caused by the bad blocks on the root dir.

root@tippy.vnet.net          |       Bill Gates is the Anti-Christ
cmmadiso@uncc.edu            |       Windows95 is the False Prophet