Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 01:29:23 +0200
From:      Jochem Kossen <j.kossen@home.nl>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GNU emacs 21.2

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 03:47:53PM -0700, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> Jochem Kossen <j.kossen@home.nl> writes:
>
> > This afternoon i installed xemacs, and xemacs-mule-psgml, and that seems
> > to work perfectly, the auto indention is real neat so the problem is
> > actually solved :)
>
> Can you say more about xemacs-mule-psgml?  I don't see it on my system
> and I thought "mule" stuff was only needed for Japanese or something.

Well, basically, without xemacs-mule-psgml, psgml wouldn't work for me.
According to the xemacs.org website, MULE is for complete
internationalization, so not only japanese. Since there is no
xemacs-psgml without mule, i took this one, and it worked :)

Now, with psgml loaded, i can press [tab] to indent the lines, with only
one tab press, the line moves to it's right position wether it would
normally need more tabs or not. This is the one feature which makes me
love psgml ;)

Also, the "C-c e" command for inserting new elements is real nice. There
are a few other handy keys like that which  come with it too...

I don't know if this all is possible with the packages you mentioned,
but i'd rather use one small package than 5 or six packages...Do your
packages provide anything else which is handy for editing Docbook?

jk