Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:05:34 -0400
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
To:        Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
Cc:        Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and  Linux don't like ftp each others

The Rtl8139 code is the worst in the linux kern right now, was getting
all sorts of Rx overflows and freezups with it in 2.2.15 and 2.2.16.  It
is a result of recent changes for sure as it was working just fine with
2.3.x kernels.

With fbsd my D-Link 730 TX+ 8139 based cards are just peachy, just don't
forget to set the media manually, left in auto they are really slow.